Slices of heaven !
There are moments in life when I think that it can’t get better than this. These are my moments of bliss or my slices of heaven 🙂 . It’s that instance when I’m temporarily removed from everything happening around me . There are no problems ,no crises, no kitchen disasters, nothing to worry me .I’m far far away from troubles of any sort in a cocoon of bliss. So, coming back to my slices of heaven, I’m listing them in the order in which they pop up in my mind .
- The first sip of a glass of cool,cool lemonade on a hot, sultry day . For me nothing can beat that feeling of joy and the absolute certainty that this is what life’s all about…
- The moment when I open a thick book of fiction and settle down to read. It might turn out to be bad or sad or boring, but when I open the book to the first page,it’s with a feeling of contentment . I’m delving into somebodys life and I’m just going to be a spectator. No problems to be solved, no decisions to be taken and no responsibilities to shoulder ! I’m full of hope that it’s going to be wonderful…
- On a lazy Sunday afternoon with nothing to do, when I gaze out from my comfy chair in the balcony and see sunlight falling through the leaves, I feel so content and at peace. Being a Sunday, there’s absolute silence with everybody enjoying their siesta.Gazing at the dappled sunlight takes me down memory lane,to my childhood ….
- Some nights when MrA and kids have settled in for the night, I sit in front of the TV not really watching anything but just catching my breath and getting my thoughts in order. Once in a blue moon I find a good movie just starting. That’s the moment of utter joy when I realise I can watch a movie uninterrupted 🙂
- When my children have holidays in the middle of the week, and I wake up as usual early in the morning while it’s still dark outside, thinking that it’s a school day. There’s that single moment of realization when I remember that it’s a holiday and that I can snuggle down and go back to sleep . Oh! that feeling is so precious.
courtesy: jabberwocky381, flickr
These are some of my ecstatic moments. You will definitely have your own slices of heaven. Treasure them and savor them . They will keep you going , and keep the smile on your face 🙂